The Western Union Foundation is glad to announce that they have a scholarship dedicated to students from different countries.
Through this fund scholarships are available for admitted students from the following countries: Brazil, China, Colombia, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, PhilipPINes, Romania, Russia, Senegal, and Turkey.
Students who graduated from high school or Secondary school from the above countries are welcome to apply for a Western Union scholarship.
ABOUT THE WESTERN UNION GLOBAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The Western Union Foundation Global Scholarship Program, also referred to as WU Scholars, is a program designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education.
Selected scholarship recipients will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be selected based on criteria relating to the program's three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US private not-for-profit leader in the international exchange of people and ideas, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.
WESTERN UNION GLOBAL FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS FULL ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2017.
- Application must be submitted in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. You will not be penalized for basic errors.
- Must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree. Specialized academic programs (study abroad term, stand-alone language acquisition course, service learning, etc.) are not permitted.
- Scholarships may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, PhD, JD, etc.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or for school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
WESTERN UNION FOUNDATION GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIPS METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Interested applicants of the scholarship are to follow the link to apply https://www.cybergrants.com/pls/cybergrants/quiz.display_question?x_gm_id=2603&x_quiz_id=7412&x_order_by=1
- Answer the WU Scholars Eligibility Quiz before proceeding to create a profile and continue application process.
WESTERN UNION FOUNDATION GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION STARTING DATE, DEADLINE AND SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION DATE
- Application Opens: Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Application Closes: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 12:00pm EST
- Selection & Notification to all Applicants: July 2017
WESTERN UNION FOUNDATION GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIPS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Can I renew my scholarship for an additional year?
A: No, applicants are only able to receive the scholarship once in an effort to help as many people as possible. If you are not selected to receive the scholarship, you are welcome to apply in future years.
Q: Do I need to send a transaction to apply or be eligible?
A: No, you do not need to be a Western Union customer or use Western Union services to be eligible.
Q: Can I defer my scholarship to later academic terms?
A: No, you must use the scholarship for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Extenuating circumstances will be considered and must be communicated to IIE for review.
Q: Does the Western Union Foundation select the WU Scholars?
A: No. The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US private not-for-profit organization, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on criteria relating to the program's three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community. See full application for details.
Please don't just Read and Go, Kindly Use the Share button Below, Thanks
Powered by Facebook Comments