university Of Gibraltar 2017 PhD Scholarship Awards Announced For Commonwealth Country,
The university of Gibraltar is delighted to be able to offer a prestigious Commonwealth PhD Scholarship, an opportunity for researchers who are citizens of the Commonwealth to come and study at our iconic Europa Point Campus.
The Gibraltar Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme provides financial support to include all university fees, one annual return trip to and from the country of residence and a monthly stipend towards completion of a three-year full-time doctoral postgraduate qualification at the university of Gibraltar.
The purpose of the scholarship is to enhance individual teaching and research capacity leading to increased institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries and to contribute to Gibraltar’s higher education and research by attracting international candidates and encouraging links and collaboration.
The scholarship is intended for high-quality graduates who have the potential to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home countries, and whose proposed research topic has been demonstrated to the satisfaction of the selection committee to have a developmental and leadership focus.
How to Apply
This is a joint application system whereby the application is for both the scholarship and for a place to read for a PhD at the University of Gibraltar.
Applications must be made directly to the University and must include:
- a completed >> application form,<< including your research proposal;
- all of the required documentation (i.e. copies of University/College transcripts, award certificates, and certificate of English proficiency where necessary – see below);
- the names and contact details of three personal referees;
- the names and contact details of up to three subject specialists whom you think the University might approach to review your PhD proposal and/or who might be able to offer expert supervision in your field of study.
Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
The application must be received by us by Thursday 15th June, 12 noon Gibraltar time (GMT+1) and applications will be acknowledged by email receipt by 5 pm Gibraltar time (GMT+1) on the same day.
Full applications must be made through the dedicated email account: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than the host country (The UK and/or Gibraltar) or British protected person;
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country (http://thecommonwealth.org/member-countries)
- Be available to start your academic studies in Gibraltar by the start of the academic year in October 2017;
- By October 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
Additionally, applicants should usually:
- hold a Master’s degree awarded by a UK University, or an overseas Master’s degree of an equivalent standard, provided that the Master’s degree is in an appropriate cognate area and that the Master’s degree included training in research and the completion of a research project;
- have a good honours degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline, and ideally have research and/or professional experience at postgraduate level as evidenced in published work, written reports or other appropriate evidence of accomplishment.
If English is not your first language you must demonstrate evidence of English language ability to the following (or equivalent) minimum level of proficiency:
- an IELTS score of 6.5; or
- a TOEFL score of 600; and
- have achieved a minimum of English Language competence equivalent to at least IELTS 5.5 across all four areas of competence – writing, reading, speaking and listening.
An IELTS test will be considered valid only if it is taken after 1 October 2016 and before 10th June 2017.
Powered by Facebook Comments