FACTS TO REMEMBER AS YOU GET READY FOR EXAMINATION
GOOD STUDY HABIT:
Good study habit is the habitual practices one uses to study and learn. Good study habit can help students achieve and /or maintain good grades. Good study habits are measured directly through reports, assessment and scoring. Some factors like poor health, lack of self will and motivation, anxiety and environment (inadequate infrastructural facilities) can affect study habits. A good study habit affects students’ performance in school. Two hours or more dedicated to thorough and concentrated reading each day can help a student to improve upon his/her performance.
Students, please take note of the following tips as you read for your examination:
- Pray before you start reading.
- Choose a conducive learning environment (not studying in front of Television).
- Develop an examination study plan
- Know your expectation
- Read actively
- Revise past question papers
- Review all the outlines from your slides, textbooks and class notes
- Summarize all you have read
- Set possible examination questions for yourself and answer them.
- The night before your examination, get enough sleep and eat well
- Check the time and place of your exam
- Ensure that you have all the required writing materials
- Come to the examination venue with your Students ID card
- Ensure you have evidence of payment of your school fees
- Dress modestly, nudity is not allowed.
HOW TO WRITE GOOD ANSWERS TO EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Read the questions carefully. Understand and highlight the keywords or phrases.
- Identify the keywords
- Ask questions if you are not cleared; follow the instruction
- Think properly about how you should answer the questions.
- Allocate appropriate time for each question
- Start with the question you know best
- Begin your answers by rephrasing
- Make sure your answer have a clear point
- Use correct tenses to answer your questions
- Do not cheat, avoid any form of examination malpractice.
WISH YOU SUCCESS IN YOUR EXAMS.
Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Nwudu
Coordinator Counselling centre.
Please don't just Read and Go, Kindly Use the Share button Below, Thanks
Powered by Facebook Comments